The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After a successful first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014, five further meetings have been organised in Antwerp (2015), Manchester (2016), Vienna (2017), Ljubljana (2018) and Athens (2019). The 7th edition will be organised in connection with the EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC 2020), and will take place in Basel on September 10-11, 2020.
This short symposium has the aim of:
- creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
- stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 7th EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium will include:
- keynote lectures by inspiring leaders in the field
- oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- 20 flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- a poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
An optional programme of Soft-Skills Training Sessions will be given by the EFMC-YSN (Young Scientists Network).
More information can be found on the website.